Rhianwen's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Alden's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Corwin's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Boy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Corwin and Christmas

Well, it seems strange to combine a baby post with a Christmas post, but I guess the 3rd child is just like that.

My baby boy is growing just fine and is larger than average (estimates are that he's already 5lb 9oz) even though I am measuring small. So no worries on that front, other than now I worry that he'll come early or he'll be enormous ;0) We finally decided on the name Corwin Ward. Corwin is a Celtic or Old English name meaning "Heart's Delight or Heart's Companion/Friend". We do pray that he will be this in our family and that Alden and Rhianwen will welcome him into their lives and activities with joy and thankfulness. We are finally done memorizing Psalm 139, and it is always so fun to hear Alden saying, "For you formed my inward parts, you covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you in my mother's lap." It should be "I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made", but Alden just says it this way. Anyway, Corwin is made just according to plan both in the timing and in the details of all that he is and will be. I also love the verse, "Your eyes saw my substance being yet unformed, and in your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me when as yet there were none of them." Corwin, you are desired by us and by God, and we are so EXCITED to see what God has planned for you. We love to be reminded that it IS God's plan, and He cares for you so perfectly. You are a wonderful surprise, and what God desires for us, we also embrace wholeheartedly with delight and anticipation. Ward means watchman or guard. We hope that Corwin will be a man who watches over those who need care and protection and will keep God's truth close to His heart. I've been studying the book of Luke this year, and it's been so special to see how Jesus notices people in such a way that brings true physical healing, spiritual wholeness, and restoration to their communities while providing a new identity defined by their relationship to Him and not defined by their weakness, sin, and failures. I hope Corwin will notice people in a way that reflects Jesus' wisdom, compassion, and desire for restoration.

Perhaps partly in preparation for Corwin's arrival, we have moved back into our family room. His nursery is now empty of all of the boxes, but still not set up yet. We are enjoying Christmas activities and finally got our Christmas tree this past weekend. It is nearly the most perfect tree we've ever chosen.


You can see how helpful our children were in selecting the perfect tree. It's hard work, but somebody's got to do it. Mommy certainly wasn't since she was taking so many pictures.


Alden helps daddy cut it down: a man's job. Rhianwen and mommy were the adoring cheerleaders.


Daddy likes feeling like he deserves a live tree, I think. No going to a lot and picking out a Frasier fir. Not even allowing someone else to cut and haul a freshly picked one will do. We really miss the tree farm up in PA which brought us down to the trees on a tractor-drawn hayride, allowed us to cut and haul back any way we wanted (hayride or dragging), shook and netted it for us, AND had an amazing Christmas barn full of decorations to buy and free cocoa and cookies. There is nothing like it here. We also miss the Blue Spruce. Here it's mostly Cypress. But we DID get the perfect tree, so I shouldn't complain.


Decorating with the fun star of David ornaments we made. They look really good on the tree. I'd like to make more. Rhianwen and Alden looooved using the glitter. It may seem odd to have such a Jewish symbol, but Jesus really is the King from David's line and the bright morning star (Rev. 22:16).


Serious work, but they were really quick at it! I've never decorated a tree so quickly.


The finished result along with nicely clad children and a beautiful family room floor. Ahh. Life is good...


...and so are sprinkles, icing, and fresh Christmas cookies.


We offer the last 2 pictures as evidence for our reasoning that we are keeping our Christmas cookies to ourselves.

6 comments:

  1. That is a great tree! We actually chose a cyprus and put big lights on it because I was inspired by your beautiful Christmas trees in years past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floor looks great! We will look forward to seeing it and the rest of your house when we come visit (that is when we are back on the East Coast)! Glad Corwin's measurements are correct. I remember when they were worried about that for Benjamin, but he was perfectly fine as well. It did make me nervous too---so I sympathized with you! :) Glad everything's fine and looking forward to seeing the little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Chip or Skip would mind about eating the cookies (I hope to get away with not making any this year!).

    It was funny to see how much fun the kids had running in and out of the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gotta say, I think your family is wonderful and your kids are just precious! Hope it's a wonderful week before Christmas for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed watching your sweet kiddos playing together in the trees. :o)

    The floor looks like it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete