Rhianwen's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Alden's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Corwin's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Boy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How Fast Can I Post?

Well, I just can't keep up. So many cute things happen, but Easter trumps and I know the grandparents are probably in starvation mode to see some of our cuties, so I'll throw a quick one up for you all :)


Wally put our garden in. Or should I say Alden did?


Getting bags of leaves for stuffing our scarecrow. Can you believe I didn't get a picture of the final product? I'll have to do that for next time. He's scared Wally already. Maybe we should call it a scarehuman....I'm soooo funny.


Corwin's mastered the tough-guy persona. He's such a chic magnet.

This Easter we again enjoyed doing Benjamin's Box. It worked really well for both Rhi and Alden. They loved the story and I think having something to hold and touch encouraged them to pay attention and to be eager for the next night. Wally also let them watch the Jesus Film for children. Even though it is a very dated and somewhat poorly acted film, I was still so struck by Jesus saying, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." While they were in the process of killing Him, He could still say this! He truly loves us, His enemies and now made His children. If only I could love like that. I've been struck by how sinful I am, and when I was out in the garden staring at all of the weeds growing up among the beautiful flowers, I thought of myself. I have many beautiful traits because of God's grace, but there's a lot of weeding that needs to be done for me to truly be complete. I just need to trust that He is doing that and need to cooperate as He does.


Painting eggs the lazy way. Mommy bought a kit.


The concentration was palpable.


Can you find the egg in this picture?


What about in this one?

Real life video footage. There is always drama from someone. She realized she had gotten muddy...




Corwin loved his Easter gift: Moo, Baa, La la la.


Ready for church.


No more tough-guy. Now, he's doing the nerd. Can you say the next Peter Parker?


My kiddos. Notice Rhi's book: Calvin and Hobbes....yikes! If you look at the next picture, she's even trying to draw the cartoon herself!


You can see a fat Hobbes (the tiger) to the left, Calvin on the right, a UFO up above, and a "mean soldier who killed Jesus" to the left of the UFO. She is something else! Her wheels are always turning.

Funny Alden moment while on the potty:

Mommy: When are you going to be done (pooping)?
Alden: This summer.

Um, yes. We'll be here for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the skirt Rhi has on in one of the early pictures. I love girls in flowiiiiieee things. Corwin does look like a tough guy in the picture--like a guy from the Godfather! funny about Rhi's delayed reaction. I always love hearing the birds singing in your back yard. Poor Alden....sitting there all summer! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. The reaction to the mud on the arm ... I could just see Andrew reacting the same way to something just as mudane. Somebody told me 4 is an emotional age ... very true in the Mobley household. Makes me shudder to think of The Fiery One at 4!

    ReplyDelete