Rhianwen's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Alden's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Corwin's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Boy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Is it a Mud Mask?

Well, Rhianwen did not fail us yet; this week was yet another week of firsts and fun for her and us! The beginning of this week was very very poopy. Don't know why! Usually Rhianwen needs prune juice, but not so this week. In fact, one morning, I was happily painting while Rhianwen was happily cooing in her crib after a nap. I thought, "Well, as long as she's happy, I'll finish up this trim, and wash out everything before I get her." It seemed like a good idea at the time. 15 Minutes later...I approach her door to get her out of her crib and smell a very strong poopy smell. I think, "I wonder why it's so strong?" and open the door to....a big brown smeared mess of a baby. My expression on my face must have told her something was amiss because her smile turned into a look of confusion. Poop was all around her mouth...I don't want to know...all over her arms and legs, on her railing and blanket, and fortunately, most was in her removed diaper. I made a mental note to never put her to bed without pants again! No, I did not take a picture. I figured I'd spare everyone.

A few days later, Rhianwen again pulled a surprise for us. I was standing at the kitchen sink looking out at the backyard while preparing something. And I heard this big frustrated scream! It went something like, "YaAAAHHHaaaah!" I turned around to see a very red faced Rhianwen holding a full gallon of baby water with one arm! It was off the floor and everything! I am shocked that she could do that! It must have been very frustrating for her to not be able to just walk off with it!

As I've said, I've been painting...a lot. I paint the higher things while Rhianwen is up by using a ladder and placing the paint on top of it. She's been climbing over the back of the ladder a lot! She's very determined at this stage. She also has learned that she can dribble the beachball and has done this all over the house with much enjoyment. Surprisingly, she even did something we did not know was possible. She can "play" the case to a thermometer. Yes, she has learned how to blow (something I have been getting her to do in preparation for a fast approaching birthday), and she somehow got ahold of the thermometer case and blew into it. It makes a wonderful whistling noise when you softly blow into it. Who knew?!


The next thermometer case virtuoso.

When are they ever going to be done with this renovation thing?

Rhianwen had much much fun with Daddy in the back yard this week. Somehow between working, renovating, going to orientation, and attending his FIRST class at NC State, Daddy managed to have time to play with her! He pulled out the sleds from Pittsburgh, turned on the sprinkler, and motered her around very quickly through the water! I wish we had a video, but alas, the battery was dead. And we thought we'd never use those sleds again now that we're down South! It poured rain today, the first good rain in a very looong time. Rhianwen didn't even know what it was. That's how long it's been. She was fascinated. After the rain, Daddy took her down to the creek to sit and reflect.


7 comments:

  1. poooopy=---the only time that happened to me was a time I watched bradley martin!! But it is very unsettling.;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened to me last week when I walked in on Martin covered in his own feces...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poop story! I got Andrew up one morning (during the winter) and discovered that he had somehow kicked his poopy diaper off. He was wearing one of those zip-up blanket, so he just mushed around in it with his feet. Dried poop all down his legs in in between his toes. At least none around the mouth. :-)

    And I wanted to see your renovation blog, but I can't remember where you posted the address ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just noticed all the poop comments about my brother. Had no idea, but am enjoying the comments tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, EOWYN--PLEASE!!! UPDATE THIS BLOG!!!!!!I MEAN, YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO--YOUR HOUSE IS ONLY A RUIN COMPARABLE TO A TORNADO HIT....YOUR CHILD IS ONLY THE MOST ALERT CHILD I HAVE EVER KNOWN!!! SO COME ON NOW!!!! WRITE SOMETHING!! I AM AFRAID OF SOME KIND OF POISONING AT YOUR HOUSE DO TO PAINT EXPOSURE, OR WHATEVER!! I NEED TO KNOW YOU ARE ALIVE (DOES THE FACT YOUR COMPPUTER IS ON MEAN YOU ARE ALIVE, HMMMM, NO IT DOESN'T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete