Rhianwen's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Alden's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Corwin's Age Tracker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Boy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Smorgasbord



Getting ready to decorate and eating the first treat of the Christmas season: Oreos. (Yes, I momentarily forgot our fair trade dedication. Some things are so traditional it is hard to remember we don't do that anymore!).
Taking the decorating very seriously.


My kids LOVE decorating. They think each ornament is like a little treasure. I tend to agree!
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, fa la la la la, la la la la.
Filled that tree up. We have childhood ornaments plus an ornament each year for each of us. I LOVE a full tree. Just full of reminders of so many happy blessings.
Goofin' around the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday. Alden loved that song this year.
Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
Blunt the knives and bend the forks!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates.
Getting ready to sing for the Cantata. Alden is center and Rhi is 2nd row left. Yes, and iPhone shot. They sang How Far Is It to Bethlehem.
Rhianwen had her first harp recital. I think she did a great job introducing her piece (I caught the very end on video). She did not mutter or look at her, and I was proud even before she played a note. She did a great job and kept going through her little mistakes, and she didn't look nervous (no shaking hands or fingers) to me even though I know she was. A friend of the family very sweetly made Rhianwen a white dress for the recital. I think she envisioned Rhianwen as an angel playing on the harp :) Grandmama and Grandaddy were able to come and listen too!


So happy to be done. 
Thanks Gradmama and Grandaddy for a nice family pic!
With her teacher and other students. I just love her teacher. She is very affirming and patient and encouraging. 
Awesome monster art by the boys...a collaborative effort.
With Aunt Hannah outside the DPAC looking at the Christmas tree walk. 
This was before Corwin chose to push the button on the yellow security box. At first nothing happened, at which point I did not know whether to feel relieved or worried. Then 2 minutes later, (a point at which had I really had an emergency, I'd either have been shoved into a car or died or cardiac arrest), a voice came on asking if anyone was there and if there was an emergency. Sigh. At least it was not the fire alarm. I just had to bashfully admit that my child had pushed the button. My only consolation is that judging from the position of the box along this Christmas tree walk, it probably gets pushed pretty often this time of year...just par for the course. From that point on, I had Corwin keep his hands in his pockets.

Alden getting his very first Trail Life badge. 
This is a group that seeks to mentor boys to be leaders, to serve well, and to experience nature. The troop in Durham has just started, so everything is still being worked out organizationally, but Wally and Alden are having a great time. 

The younger portion of the troop. It's been fun to see them form closer friendships.
Enjoying the first early morning snow. As you can see, PJ's are still being worn. 
Christmas cookies! Thank you Hannah for delivering coffee and help!
Alden  has really gotten into playing checkers. 
Family devotions around the fire.
Advent tree is almost full! Exciting!
The advent tree is one of my favorite things about Christmas. Going through the prophesies and accounts of Christ's birth is just so special. Using Scripture, symbols, and song is just such a meaningful way to meditate on Jesus' work of love through history to His people.

At Morgan Imports getting really excited about Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment